Registration | Process | Test Scores
- The district administrator or employee must submit the online registration form and indicate the individuals to be assessed (employees, students, or other interested individuals).
Schedule a Time
- The MDE-LIO ASLPI coordinator contacts the registered individuals and arranges a time for the assessment.
- Three test sites are available—Flint, Grand Rapids, and Kalamazoo. However, with approval, the assessment can also be administered via video phone from the individual’s location.
- The employee must pay the proctor fee to secure the scheduled time.
- After the proctor fee is paid, the MDE-LIO ASLPI coordinator will send a link for the individual to complete registration via Gallaudet University. If registration is not completed, the university will cancel the scheduled time.
Prepare for the Assessment
- Visit the Gallaudet University website for more information on the process, including an overview of the ASLPI proficiency levels and guidance on preparing for the assessment.
Take the Assessment
- Take the assessment via video phone (approximately 20-30 minutes).
- Gallaudet University scores the assessment.
Get Your Score
- Gallaudet University shares the score with the individual who was assessed and with MDE-LIO.
- MDE-LIO keeps the score on file in its database for two years.