Frances J. Beaurivage, Manager, EIPA Diagnostic Center, RID CI/CT
Bethany Koubsky, B.A., RID CI/CT
EIPA Video Conferences
Educational Interpreter Performance Assessment (EIPA) Video Conferences are produced by Boys Town and supported by MDE-LIO. They are shown at eight host sites in Michigan. This is the third in the series for this school year.
Video Conference Description
This training will review the elements important to Roman Numeral II of the EIPA: sign-to-voice. Participants will focus on matching the signer's register and affect. We will view a variety of child signers and focus on word choices that reflect the register of the child. Participants will learn how to avoid extraneous verbiage that distracts from the message, as well as how to develop a more fluent representation of the signer's ASL/PSE into spoken English.
Registration information and links will be provided as they become available.
- Mott Community College, Flint
- Delta-Schoolcraft ISD, Escanaba
- Gratiot-Isabella RESD, Ithaca
- Lansing Community College, Lansing: Contact Ashleigh Taylor at 517-483-1012 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Madonna University, Livonia
- Northview Public Schools, Grand Rapids (click on the "Interpreter Workshops" tab)
- Traverse Bay Area ISD, Traverse City
- Kalamazoo RESA, Kalamazoo