BrailleNote is a portable device that functions as a laptop computer for individuals who are blind.
This course is designed for individuals who are familiar with the basics of BrailleNote. The skills taught are key skills for helping students advance in their academic and professional careers. Please make sure you have mastered the basics described in our beginner workshop before attending this workshop.
Learn Advanced Skills
- Use the computer braille code
- Use advanced features of word processing
- Create and edit PowerPoint files
- Use advanced Internet navigation
- Set up and access an email account
- Download books from Bookshare and the Library of Congress
- Pair the iPad with your BrailleNote
- Use advanced functions on features of the BrailleNote, such as the:
- Calculator, including the Nemeth Code tutorial
Learn Instructional Strategies
You will receive a curriculum module with instructions for teaching advanced BrailleNote skills to students. You will also receive tip sheets and other resources.
You will be added to the MDE-LIO technology listserv after completing the workshop. As a member of the listserv, you can connect with other professionals who have completed an MDE-LIO technology workshop. Use the listserv to share ideas, ask questions, or help answer someone else’s question about assistive technology. MDE-LIO also shares helpful tips on a regular basis.