BrailleNote is a portable device that functions as a laptop computer for individuals who are blind. The QWERTY keyboard is the standard keyboard used with most computers.
This course is designed for beginners who have little or no knowledge of the QWERTY Keyboard BrailleNote.
Learn the Basics
- Navigate through the menus and sub-menus of the QWERTY Keyboard BrailleNote software
- Adjust the speech settings (e.g., volume, pitch, rate, numbering)
- Create, edit, format, save, and print documents
- Transfer files using external drives (e.g., USB jump drives)
- Access the Internet
- Use Web-Braille
- Use features of the QWERTY Keyboard BrailleNote, such as the:
- Media player/recorder
- Address book
Learn Instructional Strategies
You will receive a curriculum module with instructions for teaching the QWERTY Keyboard BrailleNote to students. You will also receive tip sheets and other resources.
You will be added to the MDE-LIO technology listserv after completing the workshop. As a member of the listserv, you can connect with other professionals who have completed an MDE-LIO technology workshop. Use the listserv to share ideas, ask questions, or help answer someone else’s question about assistive technology. MDE-LIO also shares helpful tips on a regular basis.