MDE-LIO is pleased to once again offer LIVE With LIO webinars this school year. The webinars will continue to cover important topics of interest to those involved in the Blind/Visually Impaired (BVI) or Deaf/Hard of Hearing (DHH) fields. We will offer a monthly BVI webinar and a monthly DHH webinar.
Professional Development Credits Offered
An exciting addition to this year’s program is that professional development credits may be earned by participating in the webinars.
DHH webinar credits offered:
- State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs)
BVI webinar credits offered:
- Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education Professionals (ACVREP) credits
The process for receiving credits is easy: Participants simply need to indicate which credits they want, as well as their full name and email address, when registering via Zoom to join the webinar.
Attending the entire webinar is required to receive credits. SCECH forms will be emailed with instructions in June, and ACVREP certificates will be emailed in July. Attendance will be verified using Zoom’s timestamp feature.
2020-2021 LIVE With LIO Schedule
All webinars below will be held from 12-1 p.m. on the scheduled date.
- September 22: Online Platforms
- October 13: Conducting Essential Assessments in the Age of COVID-19
- November 10: Building Literacy Skills for Students With NVI
- December 8: Using Public Transportation
- January 12: Creating, Navigating, and Presenting Google Slides
- February 9: Creating Literacy-Rich Environments at an Early Age
- March 9: Upcoming Summer Camps
- April 13: Creating, Navigating, and Sharing Google Sheets
- May 11: Transition Tips and Tools
- June 8: Reflect on the Past, Energize for the Future
- October 20: Working With an Educational Interpreter
- November 17: Michigan Communication Plan for Students Who Are Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- December 1: Winter Open Question and Answer Session
- January 19: Fostering Self-Identity
- February 16: Expanded Core Curriculum
- March 16: Audiology
- April 20: Self-Advocacy
- May 18: Summer Programming and Resources
- June 1: Spring Open Question and Answer Session