Teachers may now set up an appointment to return borrowed materials from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Items we will accept include:
- Braille and large-print books
- American Printing House for the Blind (APH) products, excluding used consumables
To set up an appointment, call or email APH Coordinator Sarah Oberlin at 517-241-5732 or email@example.com. After the appointment is set up, you will be asked to follow specific instructions during the return process.
MDE-LIO is also accepting returns via mail. As a reminder, teachers should consider the following guidelines for returns:
- Pack the materials, especially books, into smaller boxes. Boxes that are too heavy are easily damaged during shipping and are difficult to lift.
- Ensure that all pieces, parts, guidebooks, and power cords are included in the return. Quality and complete kits are vital to maintaining loaned APH material.
- When returning a high-ticket item or Assistive Technology Loan Library equipment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a prepaid UPS return label. Please let us know if the item is broken.