Individuals who are blind or visually impaired use braille to read and write.
This course is designed for beginners who have little or no knowledge of braille.
Learn the Basics
- Learn the alphabet
- Learn punctuation and contractions
- Recognize formatting styles, like bold and italics
- Get introduced to the Nemeth Code for mathematics
The workshop will also show participants where to access instructional resources.
Individuals working with students who are BVI, including:
- Teachers and BVI teacher consultants
- College students
Request credits when registering for the workshop.
- State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs)
- Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education Professionals (ACVREPs)
Teachers, paraprofessionals, and other school personnel: $90
Parents/family and college students: $45.00
Each participant needs the following textbook:
Ashcroft's Programmed Instruction: Unified English Braille
- Borrow the textbook from MDE-LIO for the duration of the workshop
- Purchase the textbook from SCALARS Publishing for $104.50