Individuals who are blind or visually impaired use braille to read and write.
This course is designed for parents or family of children who are blind or visually impaired who have little or no knowledge of braille.
Learn the Basics
- Learn the alphabet
- Learn punctuation and contractions
- Parents and families of children who are blind or visually impaired
- Oakland, Macomb, and Wayne counties: 4-6 participants
- All other counties: 3-6 participants
Ensure the minimum number of participants.
We will schedule the workshop in your area once there is interest from the minimum number of participants. Let us know if you need help to meet the minimum.
Once the workshop is scheduled, we will list it as an event and open registration to others who are interested.
Each participant needs the following textbook and companion reader:
Ashcroft's Programmed Instruction: Unified English Braille and Ashcroft's Programmed Instruction Companion Reader: Unified English Braille
- Buy the textbook and companion reader as a set from MDE-LIO for a discounted price of $80
- Borrow the textbook and companion reader from MDE-LIO for the duration of the workshop
- Find and purchase the textbook and companion reader (total retail value $144.50)